Change My Software 8.1 Edition: Do you think you have used Android long enough and now you must make an OS switch? If that is the case, perhaps your first thought would be to buy a new phone with a new platform. But, that would mean spending money. What if we told you that you could get Windows 8.1 on your existing Android device without having to spend even a single penny; would you believe it?
As unbelievable as it may sound, it is true. With a third party application called Change My Software you can have Windows running on your Android device. The most incredible thing is that this application is totally free of cost. It is easy to install and easier to use.
All you need to do is, download and install Change My Software on your PC or laptop. It will take care of everything else. Still wondering how is it possible? Take a look!
Use Change My Software 8.1 Edition To Install Windows 8.1 On Android:
Application: Change My Software 8.1 Edition
Version: 1.4 (Latest Version)
Before Windows 10 was introduced by Microsoft, Windows 8 was the most sought after operating system. In fact, even today, a lot of PCs run on this operating system. Many users of Windows 8 chose not to upgrade to 10 even when the upgrade was offered for free. This is because they loved their existing OS. Instead, they upgraded to 8.1. If you are also someone who loves Windows 8 you will like to have the version 8.1 installed on your phone as well.
Installing Windows 10 on your existing Android phone is easy. All you need is a third party application called Change My Software, which will push the Windows 8.1 on your Android tablet or phone.
- You will first need to download Change My Software 8.1 Edition and you can do that from the following link:
Just click the button with the label ‘Download Latest Version’ to download it on your computer. Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on it to install Change My Software 8.1 edition.
Take the Backup Before Installing Windows 8.1 On Android:
We cannot stress enough on the importance of taking the backup of your Android device before installing the Windows OS. In fact, you must take the backup every time you need to make a firmware change (even if you are upgrading to a newer Android version.) Please follow these steps to take the backup:
- Launch Settings on your Android table tor phone
- Choose ‘Backup & Reset’. If you can’t find this option, look for it inside the ‘Personal’ option
- Enable the option called ‘Backup my data’
- Now choose the ‘Backup my account’ option and select the account to which you wish to backup.
Follow the prompts on the subsequent screen to take the backup. You will need to an internet connection for this. Wi-Fi connectivity will make the backup process faster.
Prerequisites To Install Windows 8.1 On Android Using Change My Software 8.1 Edition:
In addition to the CMS Edition 8.1, here is the list of the other things you will require to successfully install the Windows on your Android device:
- Properly charged Android tablet or phone
- PC or Laptop with the required edition of CMS installed
- USB wire to connect device to computer
- Wi-Fi connection
You will also need to change some Settings on your Android to allow USB Debugging mode. Here is how you can do that:
- Launch Settings on your Android
- Select ‘Developer options’
- Scroll down to ‘USB Debugging’ and enable it. Depending upon the phone model, you will either see a toggle (which you can slide right) or a checkbox (which you can check) to enable this option
This is the option that will let Change My Software make changes to your Android device.
Installation Procedure Of Windows 8.1 On Android Mobile:
With everything handy, we are all set to redo our Android phone with the Windows 8.1 OS. Please follow these simple steps:
- Start the Change My Software 8.1 edition on your laptop or PC
- Now connect your Android tablet or phone using a USB cable
- In the Change My Software select Android and then select Windows 8.1; this will be the first step for installation
- Select the desired language
- Once the language has been chosen the download process of Windows 8.1 on your device will start; this will download the files and drivers on your Android
- When the download is complete, the Change My Software will display the Install button; click on it
- If you want to remove the Android OS completely from the device, select ‘Remove Android’ option. However, if you want to enjoy both the operating systems, just ignore it and continue with the installation
- The installation process will start. It will take 10-15 minutes.
- After the installation is finished, the device will reboot automatically
Wait for the device to reboot. Once the phone has restarted, you will have Windows 8.1 on your Android device. Enjoy!
Windows 8.1 is one of the very popular OS editions. Many users prefer it over the latest installment Windows 10. You don’t have to be content with this OS only on your PC or laptop; you can have it on your Android as well. Simply install the Change My Software 8.1 edition on your computer and use it to install Windows 8 on your Android device.